Tuesday 8 April 2014

Whitsunday Islands Sailing Adventure

"Sailing Through The Whitsunday Islands...."

The Whitsunday Islands
I am not particularly the sailing type of girl, but when I realized where I was heading to I was the first one on the boat. Jen and I decided to take a sailing trip for five nights! That's right. Five whole days of no showers, no comfortable sleeps, eating sausages and hamburgers for dinner. But in return it was all worth it because we got to see some of the most incredible crystal blue beaches, the best sunrises, and the best sun sets.


Almost everyone on board would get up at 5:00am just so we could capture the sunrise. There is nothing like watching the sun rise from a distance as if it was rising from the water. Believe me it was the best thing to wake up to! Some friends who were sleeping on the boat would even decide to stay and sleep outside so they could wake up to it! Not only was it beautiful in the morning, at night the stars would be so clear and visible.

5:00am shot from the boat

Jen & I took advantage of the beautiful sunset to re-create the love scene from Titanic
Something interesting I found out during this adventure was that the movie Fool's Gold was filmed off of an island in the Whitsunday Islands. During a dining experience at a local restaurant called Capers, we were able to see the where Matthew Mcconaughey, Kate Hudson, and Donald Sutherland dined. 

Donald Sutherland

Kate Hudson

Matthew Mcconaughey
Considering Matthew Mcconaughey is one of my favourite actors I was thrilled when I found out he had been to the same restaurant as I had!

If you ever have the opportunity to visit the Whitsunday Islands make this experience even better by going on a sail boat adventure! It is affordable and beautiful! 


Exploring the land down under;
thetravelspot-wanderlust


No comments:

Post a Comment